Dealing With Bad Weather On Your Wedding Day
It’s episode four of the first season of the Put A Ring On It Podcast and we’re talking about bad weather on your wedding day. This episode features three guests who got married during two MAJOR weather events in 2011… and lived to tell the tale. First up, Amanda talks about her wedding in the middle of Hurricane Irene. In the second half, Kristen and Joe talk about the freak snowstorm that caused their venue to lose total power.
What we talked about:
- Have a Plan B – and make sure you’re “ok” with it as an option
- Talk with your venue about WHEN you need to make the call as to whether or not you’ll be using your Plan B – most venues need HOURS or even a few days notice to make the adjustment.
- Hire great pros that you feel comfortable with and that you trust
- Your guests will take cues from you and your partner: If you freak out, they likely will, too; if you stay calm, they will probably follow suit.
- Wedding insurance: WedSafe
- Wedding insurance: WedSure
- Support us on Patreon
- DPNAK Weddings
- Daniel Moyer Photography
And, of course, we can’t forget the photos from Amanda & Mark’s and Kristen & Joe’s wedding days by Daniel Moyer Photography:
Amanda and Mark’s “First Looks” before the rain started:
Amanda and Mark’s walk back up the aisle after their intimate, cozy wedding moved indoors thanks to Hurricane Irene.
Amanda’s “favorite moment” from her wedding day: First Dance
The “infamous” sparkler send off just moments AFTER Danielle wiped out
Amanda and Mark’s rainy send off!
And a few moments from their after-wedding photo session with Dan in Easton, Pennsylvania a few months after their wedding:
Up next, Kristen and Joe’s freak snowstorm wedding day in October. The image below is one of Dan’s favorites and THIS is the smile on Kristen’s face as she’s entering the church for her ceremony:
The CRAZY journey after the ceremony showing just how much snow there was for an area that was NOT ready for it
The impromptu dinner at Maggiano’s across from the hotel everyone was staying at!
The sun plus that snow… gorgeous!
When their wedding reception had to be canceled because their venue lost power, most of the guests threw on the same clothes and all joined Kristen and Joe the following day for a true celebration!