Dealing With Parents and Wedding Planning
When parents are contributing to the wedding planning process, it can be a blessing or a curse. In this episode, we talk through some differences in generations and ways to navigate the planning process when your parents are involved.
What we talked about:
- The differences in generations
- What a wedding in 1984 cost, adjusted for inflation (and why that matters)
- What happens when parents are contributing financially
- Ways to work with your parents when you feel they’re being overbearing
- Common disagreements we see between parents and couples (with specific examples and ways to compromise and work through it)