COVID-19 and Your Wedding
Ringers, we know it’s been a crazy and rocky time right now. We hope you’re staying safe and healthy throughout all that is going on in our world at the moment. While there are so many unknowns right and we can’t tell you what to do about your upcoming wedding, we want you to know that we’re here for you. Hopefully, this episode provides some comfort and, as always, some tips to help you through it all. We love you, Ringers.
Full disclaimer: We are here to support you and talk you through your wedding planning journey. We are not health experts, legal experts, medical experts, economic experts, or really anything other than two wedding professionals. We have truly no idea what the future holds. Now more than ever.
Finally, we get something VERY VERY wrong in this episode. For those of you that are Marvel/DC fans, we make a huge “oopsie” when talking about which characters are from which universe. Our apologies friends. We know Wolverine is from Marvel. What can we say? It’s been a rough week.
We talked about:
- An update about future episodes
- You have our permission to feel however you need to feel
- Some mindset shifts to help you process all of this
- What to do if you need to postpone your wedding
- Wedding Insurance
- Canceling your wedding vs. postponing it
- Alternative options to consider, depending on what the restrictions are in your area
- A reminder to take care of yourself, now more than ever
- What we’re doing to stay positive (as much as possible) throughout this experience
- How and what to be communicating with your guests about your upcoming wedding
- Also, a wildly incorrect side-tangent about the Marvel/DC universe (oops)
Here is the letter that our patron, Alex Rogers, let us share with you:
Dear friends and family,
We hope you are all well and safe in these uncertain times!
Given the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to reach out regarding our DATE wedding in CITY (or at VENUE if more applicable).
As of today, we are still planning on having our wedding as scheduled. However, we’re closely monitoring the situation. We’d much prefer to stay the course, but our utmost importance is everyone’s health and safety, so we will postpone the wedding if travel restrictions don’t lift, people are required to be quarantined due to travel, or if it’s simply too unsafe for large gatherings.
We realize some of you have already booked travel and accommodation, so if we do postpone, we will do everything in our power to help you sweet talk airlines and hotels into providing refunds/waiving change fees (though given the circumstances, we believe people will be very accommodating).
Please bear with us as we wait for more news! We imagine we should be able to make the decision in about a month’s time, and will let you know as soon as we do.
In the meantime, stay safe, read, play, breathe, and watch Frozen 2.
Name and Name