BONUS MINI-SODE 001
Breaking the “Rules” – A discussion on a recent wedding planning article on Vogue.com
For our first mini-episode of Put A Ring On It, we’re talking about breaking wedding rules. And we’re specifically talking more about the highly controversial article recently seen on Vogue.com, called “The 10 Wedding Rules To Break”. It’s a piece written by Molly Guy and while it’s caused quite the stir in the wedding industry, we decided to take a pragmatic approach and break down the article a bit further.
What we talked about:
- A wedding is a luxury, not a necessity. The only pieces you technically “need” to officially tie the knot is a marriage license and someone who can legally marry you. Everything else is a bonus and completely up to you.
- Want a fun alternative to the awkward garter and bouquet toss? Wrap a $20 bill around your bouquet and have your Band or DJ announce everyone to get on the dance floor and toss it. Watch your guests scramble and have a ball!
- Make sure you PLAN time for the two of you to spend together on your day. Don’t let it be an afterthought.
- If you want quality photos, hire a professional photographer. Don’t expect the same result from drunken guests with disposable cameras and uncharged iPhones.
- You get what you pay for.
- What you do with that day is up to you as a couple and the most important aspects of your day are also your choice.